We share information with our partners under the multi-agency information sharing protocol, helping provide a better service to customers.
For some services that we provide, this includes partners like the police, fire and health services, local district or borough councils and the City of York.
This is usually because we work together to provide these services, or in order to make a service that one of us provides more efficient. For example, we may share information with partners about a safeguarding issue.
We often need to negotiate with partners more than once in order to share information. The protocol that we have developed makes sharing information easier, and includes features that are the same across many services or data-sharing procedures. It applies to both personal and non-personal data.
This means that these things do not need to be decided again every time we work together, and that the sharing of information is being done in the same way, lawfully, appropriately and follows best practice. We only need to decide on the aspects of information sharing that are new and unique.
The information-sharing protocol documents
The protocol includes a template in appendix J to help partners identify the points that still need to be agreed about each separate part of data sharing. Where possible, it offers lists of likely answers to points that arise.
- Multi-agency information sharing protocol (pdf / 1 MB)
- Appendix A - list of signatories (pdf / 197 KB)
- Appendix H - multi-agency information governance monitoring group terms of reference (doc / 86 KB)
- Appendix I - information sharing contacts (pdf / 118 KB)
- Appendix J - partner agency information sharing arrangement template (doc / 74 KB)
- Appendix K - national protocol and good practice model (pdf / 1 MB)
- Appendix L - local protocol for North Yorkshire and York (pdf / 2 MB)
- Appendix M - local practice for North Yorkshire and York (pdf / 336 KB)
- Appendix N - S29 Data Protection Act request form (doc / 254 KB)
- Information sharing contacts (pdf / 118 KB)