Information about Leyburn community library including contact details and services offered.
Leyburn community library
This library is managed and operated by volunteers working in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council.
Library opening hours
Please contact the library directly for the current opening hours.
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is situated in Thornborough Hall which is just out of the town centre. There are finger posts in the market square directing users to the library.
Parking spaces are available next to the building. The building's side entrance does not have steps and an automatic door is at the back of the library. The library has wheelchair access.
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books for all ages in a variety of formats, including large print and audio. Music CDs, DVDs and foreign language titles are also available for loan, as well as micro:bits. You can request any item that is not immediately available.
Information and facilities at the library
- family history
- free online access to Ancestry.com, Find My Past, the British Newspaper Archive and Access to Research
- free wi-fi
- help and support using IT
- internet and computer access
- local studies
- photocopying, printing and scanning
- Richmondshire District Council services
Activities at the library
For further information about any of the activities below, please contact the library.
News and events
There are a number of opportunities to volunteer at the library. See the library volunteering page or ask at the library for further details.
Richmondshire District Council services
In addition to the usual library services, you can also access some services provided by Richmondshire District Council at the library:
- Make an enquiry or get advice on any district council services, including housing and benefit applications, council tax and refuse and recycling enquiries.
- Pay your rent, council tax, non-domestic rates, garage rent, sundry debtor invoices, car parking fines, lifeline, licensing fees, planning fees and excess refuse charges.
- Purchase a parking permit for car parks in the district.
- Collect or hand in benefit or housing forms.
The services are available at the following times:
- Monday, 10am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm
- Tuesday, 10am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm
- Wednesday, closed
- Thursday, closed
- Friday, 10am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm
- Saturday, closed
- Sunday, closed