Online information resources, from Encyclopaedia Britannica to Who's Who, can be viewed from any library computer or from home with your library card.
Online information resources, from Encyclopaedia Britannica to Who's Who, can be viewed from any library computer. You can also use your library card to access them from home.
A resource whenever you need language guidance: every time you need to know the meaning or pronunciation of a word, how to translate it into another language, or whether you're using it correctly. It's a first point of reference and a guide to the language of today. Oxford Dictionaries.
Authoritative research guide combining the best features of an annotated bibliography and a high-level encyclopedia on British and Irish literature and Victorian literature. It is an ideal resource for students and more in depth literature enquiries. Oxford Bibliographies.
Ziptales offers a fun, safe online learning environment where children can gain confidence and enjoyment from reading through entertaining, interactive stories with animation, videos, quizzes and worksheets. Ziptales.
Other online information resources
- Zinio (Access to full digital copies of popular magazines)
- 19th Century British Library Newspapers Database
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Junior (for ages five to 11)
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Student (for ages 12 to 18)
- Encyclopaedia Britannica (for ages 18+)
- Grove Art Online
- Grove Music Online
- Life in Great Britain - citizenship course
- Newsstand (Access to national and regional current and back copy newspapers)
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- Oxford English Dictionary Online
- Oxford Reference Online Premium
- Universal Skills
- Who Else Writes Like...?
- Who's Who and Who Was Who
The following online information resources are only available via our people's network computers based in each library: