Sustainable Travel Calendar Competition
The Sustainable Travel Team are inviting pupils and young people to create a piece of bespoke artwork to inspire others to get more active through healthier, environmentally greener journeys.
An example of this could be the positive changes you have made over the last few weeks with walking or cycling.
You may use any material (new or recycled) and any process, for example drawing, painting, printmaking, textiles, photography, computer aided design, collage or montage. Your artwork needs to be able to be photographed and suitable for an A4 picture frame.
All winning entries will be framed and showcased in a special art exhibition at County Hall, Northallerton.
Overall winner: £50 Amazon Voucher 5 Runner Up prizes of £25 Amazon Vouchers Plus: One overall winner wins a Scooter Pod for their school.
Artists have until Friday 11th September to submit their artwork.
Overall winner: £100 Amazon Voucher 11 Runner Up prizes of £25 Amazon Vouchers.
Artists have until Friday 18th September to submit their artwork.
Prizes and judging
Artwork will be judged by a panel made up of representatives from North Yorkshire County Council. Judging must take place before Friday 9th October.
- Ideas and concepts
- Does it fit the brief?
Guidelines and rules
- For your artwork to be considered, you must submit an A4 landscape image.
- For Computer/Photograph entries - you should submit your entry as a high resolution file, preferably JPEG or PDF.
- Drawing/Textile entries - a drawing or textured image should be submitted as a high resolution photo (JPEG/PNG).
- Your artwork should not include copyright characters or logos.
- If successful, your original artwork will need to be mailed or delivered to us for framing.
- Please complete the application form and submit with your artwork by Friday 11th September (primary competition) or Friday 18th September 2020 (secondary competition) by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By entering, you consent to allow us to use your artwork on social media and in other publicity.