Needles cannot be accepted at any household waste recycling centre.

You should use a sharps bin to dispose of used needles or sharps. A sharps bin is a specially designed rigid box with a lid that is available on prescription (FP10 prescription form) from your GP or pharmacist.

If you find needles, syringes and other drug-related items discarded in a public place, please report it to your local council so they can arrange for their removal:

If the items are discovered on private property (such as an abandoned house, or in a garden, playing field etc.) you should contact the landowner.