Seven residents in the North Yorkshire Lieutenancy area have been awarded British Empire Medals for outstanding services to their communities.
Each recipient attended a ceremony at Camp Hill, Bedale, where medals were presented by the Lord-Lieutenant, Mrs Johanna Ropner, supported by the Vice Lord-Lieutenant, Mr Peter Scrope.
The British Empire Medal recognises those who display a sustained and notable contribution to the community.
Lord-Lieutenant Johanna Ropner said: “I am delighted to be able to present these British Empire Medal Awards to such deserving individuals. Through their generosity of spirit, they have all made real differences within their communities.”
The seven people who received the award were:
- Gillian Sara Birks of Glusburn, for services to the community in Glusburn.
- Joy Elizabeth Ann Hudson of Malton, for services to sport and the community in Malton and Norton.
- Rev. Timothy John Hurren of Harrogate, for services to the Church and the community in Harrogate.
- Valerie Ann Lear of Catterick, for services to Armed Forces Personnel.
- Malcolm Margolis of Harrogate, for services to cycling in Harrogate.
- Patricia McBride of Middlesbrough, for services to the community in Middlesbrough and Teesside.
- Pamela Grace Morgan of Scarborough, for services to open water and disabled swimming.