We will open some of our household waste recycling centres for an extra day between Christmas and New Year to help people's seasonal recycling.
Many of the county’s HWRCs, which normally close on Wednesday, will open on Wednesday, 27 December, to take in Christmas waste.
County Councillor Andrew Lee, Executive Member for Waste Management, said: “We realise that many rubbish and recycling collections will be delayed or cancelled during the Christmas week, so by opening selected sites across the county we hope residents will be able to recycle and dispose of their waste without suffering with overflowing bins and boxes.
“We expect the sites to be busy over the festive period, so it would really help all users and staff if people can sort waste before arriving on site, so traffic can be kept moving.”
The sites that will be open on Wednesday, 27 December, are:
- Catterick Bridge, Gatherley Road, Catterick Bridge, DL10 7JD
- Malton and Norton, Pasture Lane, YO17 6BT
- Northallerton, Yafforth Road, DL7 0LG
- Seamer Carr, Dunslow Road, Eastfield, YO12 4QA
- Selby, Canal Road, YO8 8AG
- Skipton, Harrogate Road, BD23 6AB
- West Harrogate, Penny Pot Lane, Harrogate, HG3 2SN
- Whitby, Discovery Way, Whitby Industrial Estate, YO22 4PZ
These sites and all other HWRCs will be closed on 25 and 26 December as well as 1 January, 2018, and all other Wednesdays. Opening times at this time of year are 8.30am to 4pm.
Christmas trees, cards and many other items can be recycled at the sites. Further information is available on our household waste recycling centres pages.