Our library service is taking the opportunity provided by National Volunteers Week to thank the thousands of people who support libraries across the county and to give others a chance to learn more.
The theme of this year’s National Volunteers’ Week campaign, which runs from 1 to 7 June, is volunteering for all. It celebrates the huge variety of people who give their time in so many ways.
North Yorkshire libraries will take advantage of the week to say thank you to existing volunteers for the fantastic contribution they make and to enable people to find out more about volunteering opportunities in libraries over a drink and refreshments.
County Councillor Greg White, Executive Member for Libraries, said: “We’d like to take this opportunity to thank the many volunteers who manage and support community libraries across the county and those who support the county council in its libraries. We know there is great affection for libraries in North Yorkshire, so this is also an opportunity for people to find out how they can become involved.”
People can find out more at the following times and places:
- Pickering library, Tuesday, 5 June, 11.30am, email@example.com, 01609 533624.
- Filey library, Tuesday, June 5, 2pm, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01609 536608.
- Scarborough library, Wednesday, 6 June, 11am, email@example.com, 01609 53 6602.
- Harrogate library, Wednesday, 6 June, 2pm, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01609 536658.
- Malton library, Thursday, 7 June, 10am-noon, email@example.com, 01609 53456.
- Selby library, Thursday, 7 June, 10.30am-noon, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01609 534521.
- Colburn library, Thursday, 7 June, 10am-1pm, Colburn@craccl.org, 01609 534592.
- Northallerton library, Thursday, 7 June, 2pm-3pm, email@example.com, 01609 533832
In addition, on Monday, 4 June, there will be a Library Volunteers stand promoting opportunities at the Craven Volunteering Fair, Victoria Hall, Settle. On Tuesday, 12 June, from 1pm to 4pm, there will be a Volunteers Week and Festival of Learning event in partnership with the Hambleton Community Learning Partnership at Northallerton library.