Repairs to Morton on Swale Bridge are scheduled to begin on 17 June.
The Grade II listed bridge has been struck by vehicles on several occasions in recent years, resulting in significant damage and the need for repairs.
The latest repairs follow a strike by a vehicle last year. They will involve four weeks of two-way traffic lights as well as three nights of complete closure to allow for resurfacing.
Councillor Don Mackenzie, Executive Member for Access, said: “We appreciate that damage caused by collisions to bridges like this one at Morton on Swale, and the subsequent repairs, cause inconvenience to road users. During the work we will do everything we can to keep disruption to a minimum, but inevitably there will be some inconvenience, so we apologise and thank drivers in advance for their patience.”
Advance warning signs will be on site from Monday, 3 June.
In addition to the bridge repair works, the County Council will be installing new signing and lining and a reduced speed limit, subject to satisfactory consultation, to try to reduce the likelihood of future bridge parapet strikes.
Local County Councillor Annabel Wilkinson said: “I am delighted to see this important landmark being repaired for the benefit of the community and all road users. I look forward to seeing the results of the consultation.”