A one-off mobile household waste recycling centre visit will take place at Boroughbridge on Saturday, January 12.
The Boroughbridge service is usually provided on the second Saturday of each month, except January, but this January service will replace last month’s visit, which did not take place. The mobile centre will be in the Back Lane car park between 9am and 1pm.
Emma Bagley, Contracts Manager for the County Council’s contractor, Yorwaste, said: “We apologise to any residents that were unable use the service in December. Unfortunately, an administrative error meant the visit was missed. We hope residents will find the replacement January service of use after the holiday period.”
Items accepted include:
- General rubbish along with the following household waste is accepted at all mobile centres:
- furniture (including beds, mattresses, sofas and chairs), bric-a-brac;
- paper, cardboard, telephone directories, books;
- glass, food and drink cans, foil, scrap metal;
- mixed textiles and clothes;
- fluorescent tubes, TVs and monitors, fridges and freezers, large appliances, small appliances.
Commercial and charity waste is not accepted at mobile household waste recycling centres. This can be taken to any of the county’s 20 permanent household waste recycling centres. Find more information on recycling centres.