A major resurfacing scheme on some of Selby’s busiest routes will begin later this month.
Our highways team will carry out the work from Tuesday, September 21, to Thursday, October 7.
“We are pleased to be able to deliver this programme of resurfacing which will have lasting benefits for those travelling and living in Selby,” said County Councillor Don Mackenzie, Executive Member for Access.
“Much of the work is overnight to minimise disruption as much as possible. We are asking the public for their patience and cooperation while the work is being carried out.”
The works will take place on the following dates and locations:
- September 21 to 24 from 9pm to 5am on the B1222 Bishopdike Road, Sherburn In Elmet, under a full road closure;
- September 24 from 9pm to 5am on the A659 Toulston Grange to Headley Bar under two-way traffic signals;
- September 27 to 29 from 9pm to 5am on the A162/1/40 York Road Betteras Hill roundabout north to South Milford under a full road closure;
- September 30 to October 1 from 8am to 5pm on Kirkgate, Sherburn In Elmet, under a full road closure;
- October 4 from 8am to 5pm (after Kirkgate) on Moor Lane, Sherburn In Elmet, under a full road closure;
- October 5 from 8am to 5pm on New Millgate, Selby, under a full road closure; and
- October 6 and 7 from 8am to 5pm on Greenlands Lane, Selby, under a full road closure.