Information about Norton HIVE and community hub including contact details and services offered.
Norton HIVE and community hub
This library is managed and operated by volunteers working in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council.
Library opening hours
- Monday, closed
- Tuesday, 9am to 12 noon and 3pm to 7pm
- Wednesday, closed
- Thursday, 9am to 12 noon and 3pm to 6pm
- Friday, 9am to 12 noon and 3pm to 6pm
- Saturday, 10am to 1pm
- Sunday, closed
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is on the main street in Norton, called Commercial Street. The building is set back from the main road, just opposite the zebra crossing. There are two Coastliner bus stops very near to the entrance of the library. The train station is approximately 12 minutes' walk away.
At least 12 car parking spaces are available behind the library. Further free parking is available at St Nicholas Street car park, which is off the main street close to the railway crossing. The car park is sign posted. The library has automatic doors and is accessible to wheelchairs.
Popular library tasks
- Search for, reserve and renew books and other items in the library catalogue.
- Borrow e-books or digital audiobooks.
- Join the library online.
- View library charges or pay online (£10 minimum).
- Access online reference sources.
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books, DVDs, large print books, story CDs and talking books.
Information and facilities at the library
- free wi-fi
- internet and computer access
- language courses
- local studies
- parents' collection
- study area
Activities at the library
Please contact the library for information about activities and events.