Win a luxury home fragrance box from Yorkshire Rose Candles.
Yorkshire Rose Candles was set up in 2014 as a “new year new hobby” – with a passion about making high quality products that you can actually smell.
Mary Mandis, owner of Yorkshire Rose Candles, has always loved scented candles and decided to have a go at making her own. She didn’t want a kit – Mary wanted to learn the right way. So after a lot of research, Mary bought her first supplies. After a few months of testing, she was encouraged to do a craft fair and the business escalated from there.
Using the best ingredients in the country and UK-based suppliers, all the products are made in small batches to ensure the products are really handcrafted.
Quirky names and first class customer service are just a couple of reasons to check out the Yorkshire Rose Candles website.
The prize for this month’s competition is a luxury home fragrance box; a perfect way to get your home smelling extra fresh and luxurious. The box includes a reed diffuser, a room spray and two candles, a glass tumbler one and a tin candle.
Keep up to date with deals, latest products and sales by following Yorkshire Rose Candles social media: Facebook (@YorkshireRoseCandles), Instagram (@yorkshirerosecandles) and LinkedIn (@yorkshirerosecandles). You can also sign up to their newsletter and receive 10% off your first order.
North Yorkshire Now publication competition and prize draw terms and conditions
- The Competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over.
- All correct and eligible entries into the Competition will be entered into the Prize Draw.
- All Competition entries must be submitted online or on a postcard or letter to Editor, North Yorkshire Now, Communications Unit, North Yorkshire County Council, County Hall, Racecourse Road, Northallerton, DL7 8AD and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The Opening Date and Closing Date for entries to the Competition shall be as specified in Competition information. Entries received after this time will not be considered or entered into the Prize Draw.
- The entity offering the Competition is North Yorkshire County Council of County Hall, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL7 8AD (‘NYCC’). NYCC accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason, including, but not limited to human error, any technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- One winner from the Prize Draw entries will be chosen by random draw on the Draw Date.
- The winner will receive the Prize as specified in the Competition information from NYCC or the provider of the Prize (as applicable).
- The winner will be notified by email or post before the Notification Date and must provide a valid UK postal address to claim the prize. If a winner does not respond to NYCC within five business days of being notified by NYCC, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and NYCC will select another winner from the Prize Draw at random.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The decision of NYCC regarding any aspect of the Competition and/or the Prize Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the same.
- The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Communications Unit, North Yorkshire County Council, County Hall, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL7 8AD no earlier than 42 days nor later than 84 days after the date of the Closing Date of the Prize Draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. NYCC reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- NYCC reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition and/or the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, NYCC, its agents or employees will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of NYCC its agents or employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the Prize Draw which may include the publication of their name in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of the Competition and the Prize Draw may be passed on to third parties only insofar as required for delivery of the prize in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- The Competition and Prize Draw will be governed by English law submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how your personal data is processed in relation to any NY Now competition. This notice should be read in conjunction with the Council’s Corporate Privacy Notice.
Who are we?
North Yorkshire County Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means that we have a duty of care towards the personal data that we collect and use. The Council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its Data Protection Officer. Their contact details are:
Data Protection Officer (Veritau Ltd)
By entering this competition you are giving your consent for us to contact you in the event that you are the winner. We will never pass on your details without your consent or use your information for any other purpose. Personal data of the winner may be passed on to third parties only insofar as required for delivery of the prize.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your data has been handled or the way in which a data protection request has been answered then you may complain to our data protection officer.
If you are still unhappy with the response from our data protection officer, or if you would rather complain straight to a regulator, then you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which regulates data protection and information governance matters in the UK.
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner’s Office
For further information on how the Council processes your personal data, including your rights, please refer to www.northyorks.gov.uk/privacy-notices