Win tickets for the whole family to watch Snow White at the Harrogate Theatre and Whittaker’s Gin and Whisky Distillery tour.
Win tickets to watch Snow White at the Harrogate Theatre pantomime.
This Christmas we’re offering the chance for one lucky family to join Snow White and a host of magical characters on a thrilling quest to defeat the evil Queen at the Harrogate Theatre pantomime.
Rachel Auty, Head of Communications at the theatre, said “With spectacular scenery, sing-a-long songs and plenty or sparkle, the pantomime is always a festive favourite. We’re delighted to offer NY Now subscribers the chance to join us in January for an unforgettable experience!”
Originally built in 1900, Harrogate Theatre has enjoyed considerable growth in the past ten years. With a growing national profile, the award winning team deliver a vibrant education and outreach programme as well as producing and presenting theatre, dance, music and comedy.
The prize includes tickets for four people (minimum one adult) and can be used at any performance on the 7, 8 or 9 January starting at 7pm.
The winner of last issue’s competition was Jackie Town won four tickets to watch Treasure Island at the Stephen Joseph Theatre in Scarborough, which she kindly donated to her friend Mal Magson.
Win two tickets for a gin tasting and distillery tour of Whittaker’s Gin and Whisky Distillery
Whittaker’s Distillery was founded by husband and wife Toby and Jane Whittaker in 2015. Their gin and whisky distillery is nestled amongst the wild, rugged rolling pastures of Nidderdale at their family home, Harewell House Farm.
Their internationally award winning small-batch spirits reflect a passion for excellence and attention to detail. Jane said “We’re proud to be one of the many award-winning producers in the area. Our aim was to create a small-batch, artisan spirit which reflects the Yorkshire countryside in a bottle. The signature botanicals in our original gin are hawthorn berries, bilberries, bog myrtle, garden thyme and lemon citrus. You get a sharpness from the bilberries and a spicy, earthy aroma from the bog myrtle with the hawthorn berries giving a background sweetness.”
A unique distillery in an iconic setting, Whittaker’s captures the essence of the surrounding landscape to create spirits inspired by nature.
Jane added “We look forward to welcoming the lucky winner and their guest to join us for a laid back tasting experience in our purpose built visitors centre so they can see how we make our hand crafted gins and whisky in the beautiful North Yorkshire countryside.”
The winner of our last #MadeInNorthYorkshire competition was Lisa Haywood. Lisa won Dream bath salts and Glow essential oil soap from Richmond based brand Kiss the Moon.
We’ll be running more competitions in coming months. A good way to keep informed about them is by subscribing to our newsletter, NY Now, if you aren’t already a reader.
North Yorkshire Now publication competition and prize draw terms and conditions
- The Competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over.
- All correct and eligible entries into the Competition will be entered into the Prize Draw.
- All Competition entries must be submitted online or on a postcard or letter to Editor, North Yorkshire Now, Communications Unit, North Yorkshire County Council, County Hall, Racecourse Road, Northallerton, DL7 8AD and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The Opening Date and Closing Date for entries to the Competition shall be as specified in Competition information. Entries received after this time will not be considered or entered into the Prize Draw.
- The entity offering the Competition is North Yorkshire County Council of County Hall, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL7 8AD (‘NYCC’). NYCC accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason, including, but not limited to human error, any technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- One winner from the Prize Draw entries will be chosen by random draw on the Draw Date.
- The winner will receive the Prize as specified in the Competition information from NYCC or the provider of the Prize (as applicable).
- The winner will be notified by email or post before the Notification Date and must provide a valid UK postal address to claim the prize. If a winner does not respond to NYCC within five business days of being notified by NYCC, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and NYCC will select another winner from the Prize Draw at random.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The decision of NYCC regarding any aspect of the Competition and/or the Prize Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the same.
- The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Communications Unit, North Yorkshire County Council, County Hall, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL7 8AD no earlier than 42 days nor later than 84 days after the date of the Closing Date of the Prize Draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. NYCC reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- NYCC reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition and/or the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, NYCC, its agents or employees will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of NYCC its agents or employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the Prize Draw which may include the publication of their name in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of the Competition and the Prize Draw may be passed on to third parties only insofar as required for delivery of the prize in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- The Competition and Prize Draw will be governed by English law submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how your personal data is processed in relation to any NY Now competition. This notice should be read in conjunction with the Council’s Corporate Privacy Notice.
Who are we?
North Yorkshire County Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means that we have a duty of care towards the personal data that we collect and use. The Council has appointed Veritau Ltd to be its Data Protection Officer. Their contact details are:
Data Protection Officer (Veritau Ltd)
By entering this competition you are giving your consent for us to contact you in the event that you are the winner. We will never pass on your details without your consent or use your information for any other purpose. Personal data of the winner may be passed on to third parties only insofar as required for delivery of the prize.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your data has been handled or the way in which a data protection request has been answered then you may complain to our data protection officer.
If you are still unhappy with the response from our data protection officer, or if you would rather complain straight to a regulator, then you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which regulates data protection and information governance matters in the UK.
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner’s Office
For further information on how the Council processes your personal data, including your rights, please refer to www.northyorks.gov.uk/privacy-notices