The Covid-19 Outbreak Control Plan is our approach to managing the next stage of the pandemic in North Yorkshire.
Using local knowledge, experience and expertise it aims to prevent, manage and eliminate the virus over time as part of the national Test and Trace programme.
Led by our Director of Public Health, this will see public health experts work with the NHS, Public Health England, the community and voluntary sector and other local government colleagues to support individuals, communities, businesses, education and care homes settings to understand how to prevent outbreaks via good hygiene and social distancing measures. It also sets out how the county will respond when outbreaks occur and the measures necessary to shut them down.
Covid-19 prohibition orders
As part of our role in managing the virus, we issue prohibition orders to prevent events that do not adhere to the latest government guidance and could result in the virus spreading. Applicants have the right to appeal directions we issue.
Find out more about our outbreak plan
Plan and appendices
- Executive Summary - COVID 19 Outbreak Control Plan (pdf / 582 KB)
- North Yorkshire COVID-19 Outbreak Control Plan (pdf / 2 MB)
- Easy Read Test and Trace (pdf / 786 KB)
Appendix 1 Care home and Education settings
- Care Home reporting framework for Gold and Silver resilience meetings (pdf / 931 KB)
- Care Market Resilience Plan (pdf / 1 MB)
- Test and Trace Process for Educational Settings (pdf / 599 KB)
Appendix 2 High risk location
Appendix 4 Contact tracing
Appendix 6 Vulnerable people
- COVID-19 Response Brief for Partners (pdf / 494 KB)
- Social isolation summary of work (pdf / 730 KB)
- Finding you local support within your community (pdf / 702 KB)
- Finding local support in your community during coronavirus (pdf / 823 KB)