Friends and relationships are an essential part to a young person’s quality of life.
There are a wide range of activities, clubs and volunteering opportunities available for you to become involved with.
Find activities in your area
- Search the North Yorkshire Connect website where you can find local groups, services or activities in your area.
- Your can find information about what's going on where you live on the local libraries page.
- You may be able to use a portion of your personal budget or direct payment to receive support which will help you participate in your local community. You can find more information on our SEND financial support page
- See our local SEND groups and support networks page for information about local, regional and national groups and networks for young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their parents and carers.
- Visit the North Yorkshire Youth website to find opportunities in your area.
- Our page on the Flying High youth special educational needs and disabilities voice group for ages 11 to 25 may be of interest to you.
Volunteering is a good way to gain new skills, help the community and is a good opportunity to meet new people.
- See our volunteering page for more information and opportunities
- The North Yorkshire Partnerships website brings together a range of information for partners across the county including a link to the North Yorkshire Connect directory.
One of the four preparing for adulthood pathways focusses on relationships. This includes family, friends and community, as well as sexual relationships. For more information, please visit the Preparing for Adulthood website to find a number of useful links to support young adults who are thinking about their sexuality, sexual identity, relationships and rights.