Congratulations! You have been directed to this page as you have either been successful in securing an interview with North Yorkshire County Council or you have been offered and accepted a position with the council.
In either case, this page contains important information for you to read and certain documents which are necessary for you to complete and return to our employment support service. We require this information from you to progress your application or employment, therefore it is important for you to return any forms as quickly as possible - we do not want you to experience any unnecessary delays.
As an applicant, you will require a number of information documents, guidance notes and forms as part of the recruitment process. This section will provide you with the necessary information which you will need at each stage. You can also view our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders here (pdf / 127 KB) (pdf / 127 KB).
If you are attending an interview with us, please review the information below. Please note, the 'asylum and immigration' document is relevant to everyone, whereas the relevancy of the other documents in this section will be dependent on the post you have applied for. Please refer back to the details of the post if you are unsure.
- Asylum and immigration Opens new window (pdf / 200 KB)
- Online disclosure and barring service applicant guidance Opens new window (pdf / 452 KB)
- Politically restricted posts - applicant information (pdf / 49 KB)(applicants who have applied for a politically restricted post need to ensure they have read this information prior to their interview)
Conditional offer stage
If you have been appointed to a position, please ensure you review the information below and complete the necessary actions as soon as possible. This section contains forms which we need you to complete to help us finalise your appointment and confirm a date for you to start in post. Please note, it is essential to provide your bank details in order for us to pay your salary directly into your bank account - this is the quickest way for you to receive payments due. You are only required to complete the 'HMRC' starter checklist if you are not able to provide a P45. Please note that the Local Government Pension FundOpens new window website also contains important information for you.
- New starter checklist (pdf / 137 KB)
- HMRC starter checklistOpens new window
- Bank details (doc / 24 KB)
- Appointee questionnaire (doc / 174 KB)
Information for new employees
If you have your start date confirmed and are a new employee to North Yorkshire County Council, the pay and reward booklet (pdf / 681 KB) provides you with detailed information about pay, rewards and benefits which is important for you to be aware of. You can also read our total rewards brochure (pdf / 1 MB) for more general information about the rewards and benefits of working for the council. Once you have started in your new post, you will be able to access our internal website (the intranet) which provides information to staff.
Particular areas which would be useful for you as a new employee are:
- Probation and induction;
- Employee benefits schemes;
- Training and learning; and
- MyView (an internal system where you can access information about your pay, submit leave requests, timesheets and more).
Your manager will support you with this. However, in the meantime, please contact the employment support service if you have any questions about the information contained on this page.
Expectations of all employees
All county council employees are expected:
- To comply with the county council's policies and supporting documentation in relation to information governance, which includes data protection, information security and confidentiality.
- Be aware of and implement your health and safety responsibilities as an employee and where appropriate any additional specialist or managerial health and safety responsibilities as defined in the health and safety policy and procedure.
- Work with colleagues and others to maintain health, safety and welfare within the working environment.
- Be aware that the council aims to make sure that services are provided fairly to all sections of our community, and that all our existing and future employees have equal opportunities.
In addition, employees must be aware of the following:
- Managers will ensure services are developed and delivered in accordance with the aims of the equality policy statement in response to the needs and aspirations of service users.
- Employees will work in accordance with the aims of the equality policy statement within own area of responsibility .
- North Yorkshire County Council provides front line services, which recognises the need to respond flexibly to changing demands and circumstances. Whilst a job description provides a summary of the post, this may need to be adapted or adjusted to meet changing circumstances. Such changes would be commensurate with the grading of the post and would be subject to discussion with the postholder. All staff are required to comply with county council policies and procedures.
- The county council requires a commitment to equity of access and outcomes, this will include due regard to equality, diversity, dignity, respect and human rights and working with others to keep vulnerable people safe from abuse and mistreatment.
- The county council requires that staff offer the best level of service to their customers and behave in a way that gives them confidence. Customers will be treated as individuals, with respect for their diversity, culture and values.
Returning the forms and for further information
Please download the forms and information you require under the relevant section. Any completed forms should be returned to the recruitment team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org where possible, or alternatively by post.
If you have any queries regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us by email or on 01609 532190.