Residential planning applications

Residential planning applications are dealt with by the local district or borough council.

We are responsible for managing the county development control function, dealing with all planning applications for minerals (e.g. quarries, oil and gas sites) and waste (e.g. landfill and recycling) developments and the County Council's own development (e.g. schools, libraries, and highways).

Visit your local district or borough council for this service

In North Yorkshire this service is delivered by your local district or borough council.

Planning developments within a national park

If your planning development falls within a national park, you will need to visit their website for more information and to apply:

Rate this page