We are asking for your views on how we keep young people in North Yorkshire happy, healthy and safe.
The focus for our 0 to 19 healthy child service is the whole population of children and young people in North Yorkshire. It is available to all families, children and young people and aims to ensure that every child gets the good start they need to lay the foundations of a healthy life.
The programme aims to:
- help parents develop and sustain a strong bond with children;
- support parents in keeping children healthy and safe and reaching their full potential;
- protect children from serious disease, through screening and immunisation;
- reduce childhood obesity by promoting healthy eating and physical activity;
- identify health and wellbeing issues early, so support and early interventions can be provided in a timely manner;
- focus on the health needs of children and young people ensuring they are school ready (SEND code of practice 0 to 25 years, 2017); and
- make sure children are prepared for and supported in all child care, early years and education settings and especially are supported to be ‘ready to learn at two and ready for school by five'.
Why we are asking for your views
The current healthy child contracts will end in March 2020, which gives us the opportunity to review the services currently available.
We want to ask your views on the services you have experienced, either as a young person, or a parent, carer, relative or key stakeholder. This will help us to write new service descriptions to ensure that we are providing the right services to meet the needs of families in North Yorkshire.
The first part of the process is taking place now, which includes asking you to tell us about your experiences informally. Then, in 2019 there will be a formal consultation where you can tell us your views on our proposals for the services that will be provided under the healthy child programme.
Following the consultation, your views will be taken into account to inform how services are delivered from 1 April 2020.
Give us your views
You can give us feedback through our online surveys:
Deadline for comments
You should give us your views by 12 noon on 20 December 2018.
There are a series of feedback events around the county:
|1 November 2018||1pm to 3pm||County Hall, Northallerton|
|12 November 2018||9.30am to 11.30am||Harrogate Library, Harrogate|
|12 November 2018||2pm to 4pm||Friends Meeting Room, Malton|
|15 November 2018||2pm to 4pm||The Regen Centre, Riccall|
|22 November 2018||9.30am to 11.30am||The Kings Head Hotel, Richmond|
|22 November 2018||1pm to 3pm||The Rendezvous Hotel, Skipton|
|29 November 2018||9.30am to 11.30am||Castle House, Scarborough|
If you would like to share your views but are unable to take part in an event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.