North Yorkshire’s special educational needs and disabilities strategic plan for 2018 to 2023.
Strategic plan for SEND education provision ages 0 to 25
We are responsible for reviewing how special education is provided in North Yorkshire, and for making sure there are enough places in education for children and young people with SEND.
Strategic plan consultation
During 2017 and 2018 we worked closely with parents, carers, children, young people and professionals to gather their views on how special education is provided. We held a public consultation on our strategic plan during May and June 2018.
The strategic plan was approved by the executive in September 2018. It has recently been updated to include phase 2 of the plan.
Read the strategic plan
- download and read the updated strategic plan (pdf / 5 MB)
- read the strategic plan summary document in plain English
- download and read the strategic plan in easy read format
We have been delivering the actions in the plan and reviewed progress in autumn 2019. We have produced an annual review of the plan
- download and read the annual review of the strategic plan (pdf / 700 KB)
- read the annual review of the strategic plan in easy read format
We are really pleased with the progress made in implementing the plan, but there is still a lot to do, and we will continue to work on the actions.
For more information, please see SEND Specialist Support and Inclusion Local Offer page.