The SENDIASS service is for children and young people (up to 25 years) and their parents and carers, in relation to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service, North Yorkshire (SENDIASS North Yorkshire) works with parents, carers children or young people that live within the county. It is a free confidential and impartial information, advice and support service that must be arm’s length to all other services including the Local Authority. This service is specifically for children and young people from 0-25 years with special educational needs and / or disabilities, their parents and carers. We really like young people to contact us directly too as your views are important. There is information for professionals and a professionals referral form on our website that can be completed only with the consent of the young person from 16 years or parents/ carers. Parents, carers and young people can speak to a trained coordinator on our advice line or make contact through our email or Facebook. We have virtual surgeries that can be booked to talk to a coordinator for a half an hour session.
Watch the short videos below to find out more about SENDIAS.
SENDIASS North Yorkshire provides impartial information and advice about what the law says, information about the local authority’s policies and procedures and about the policy and practice in education, health and social care. We provide:
- information, advice and support for children and young person with SEND from Early years to post 16, transition planning and education/ learning
- advice and support for you about statutory assessments including annual reviews
- will listen to your views and concerns and support you to find confidence to express your views
- work with you to explore your options, your rights and responsibilities
- help you prepare for meetings including direct discrimination or SEN appeals
- Support to resolve disagreements between parents, carers, young people, schools, the local authority or health
- help with forms, letters and reports
- you with signposts to various services and organisations, locally and nationally
- information, advice and support about exclusions and other concerns within education settings
You can contact us on
Access our SENDIASS North Yorkshire website for lots of information, advice and support.