The SENDIASS service is for children and young people (up to 25 years) and their parents and carers, in relation to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
SENDIASS is a free confidential and impartial information, advice and support service on issues related to Special Educational Needs and disability.
Watch this short video about the SENDIASS service.
We provide impartial information and advice about what the law says, the local authority’s policies and procedures and about the policy and practice in local schools and other settings. We:
- provide information and advice about Special Educational Needs;
- can advise you and support you with the Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan process;
- will listen to your views and concerns;
- work with you to explore your options;
- help you prepare for meetings;
- support you to find the confidence to express your views;
- can help with forms, letters and reports; and
- work in partnership with schools and the local authority to develop positive relationships.