Safeguarding Week 2019 will be taking place between 24 and 28 June 2019. There will be a number of local events taking place along with a joint county and city conference.
North Yorkshire and York Safeguarding Children and Adults Boards along with the Community Safety Partnerships are working together to host safeguarding week 2019. The theme is ‘Safeguarding is Everybody’s Business’.
Every year Safeguarding Week aims to raise awareness of the different forms that abuse can take and looks at complex issues affecting North Yorkshire and York.
Tuesday 25 June will see the return of the Safeguarding Week Conference. There will be two keynote speakers focusing on:
- Modern slavery and human trafficking; and
- Domestic homicide.
A variety of workshops will also take place on the following:
- Learning from domestic homicide reviews;
- Modern slavery and human trafficking;
- County lines;
- Suicide prevention;
- Harmful sexual behaviours; and
- Adult self-neglect.
Book your place or download the Safeguarding Week conference poster. (pdf / 258 KB)
Safeguarding Week events
- North Yorkshire Police presentation on modern slavery at Selby Civic Centre on Monday 24 June from 4.30pm until 5.30pm and 6pm until 7pm.
- The Illegal money lending team will be at Whitby Coop on Monday 24 June from 2pm onwards.
- The Living Well team will be outside Selby Hospital on Monday 24 June to provide information on safeguarding and support.
- Hope for Justice will be at Scarborough Council Chamber on Wednesday 26th June from 9am until 12.30pm.
- The Integrated anti-stalking unit will be at Scarborough Council Chamber on Wednesday 26th June from 1.30pm onwards.
- The CAB bus will be attending Tesco’s Northallerton during the morning and Tesco’s Catterick in the afternoon providing safeguarding information on Thursday 27 June.
- The Illegal money lending team will be in Scarborough town centre on Thursday 27th June from 10am until 2pm.
- The Mobile Police unit together with the Illegal money lending team will be at Morrisons in Malton on Friday 28th June from 10am.
Find details of events happening in York.
Anyone who is concerned that someone may be the subject of abuse should report it.
If you are worried about a child please go to the North Yorkshire safeguarding children board - worried about a child page.
If you are worried about an adult please telephone 01609 780780.
In York check the Concerned about a Child webpage on the City of York Safeguarding Children Partnership site.
If you are worried about an adult please call 01904 555111 for Safeguarding Adults.