Information about Starbeck community library including contact details and services offered.
Starbeck community library
68A High Street
This library is managed and operated by volunteers working in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council.
Library opening hours
- Monday, 2pm to 5pm
- Tuesday, 10am to 5pm
- Wednesday, 2pm to 5pm
- Thursday, closed
- Friday, 2pm to 5pm
- Saturday, 10am to 12 noon
- Sunday, closed
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is in the Starbeck Central community hub, next to Belmont Park on the High Street in Starbeck. A bus stop is a two minute walk away and the train station is a five minute walk away.
One car parking space is available at the front of the building for use by people with a disability. Free street parking is available on the High Street and neighbouring roads. A small, free car park is also available at St Andrew's Church. Cycle racks are also provided.
Starbeck Central is on one floor and all areas are accessible to wheelchair users. A disabled toilet and a changing place are available.
Popular library tasks
- Search for, reserve and renew books and other items in the library catalogue.
- Borrow e-books or digital audiobooks.
- Join the library online.
- View library charges or pay online (£10 minimum).
- Access online reference sources.
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books, DVDs, large print books and talking books.
Information and facilities at the library
- book crawl for children under five
- cafe area supported by Bakewell
- 'communicate in print' software available on one computer
- free wi-fi
- Handprints shop
- changing place
- internet and computer access
- local studies
- magazines and newspapers
- meeting rooms available for hire
- parents' collection
- self-service kiosk to borrow, renew or return books
- shared services with Starbeck Central
'Communicate in print' software
This software enables people to create symbols for communicating. It is ideal for people and families where communication is impaired, for example by learning disabilities, autism or dementia. Training in how to use the software can be booked at Harrogate library.
Activities at the library
Please contact the library for information about activities and events.
Starbeck Central shared services
Starbeck Central is a shared building which also houses creative enterprises for adults with learning disabilities (Bakewell and Handprints), in addition to the library. The services available at Starbeck Central are:
- Bakewell small baking enterprise;
- changing place;
- day respite service;
- flexible meeting space for community groups and events;
- Handprints creative art enterprise; and
- refreshment area.