Information about Starbeck community library including contact details and services offered.
Starbeck community library
68A High Street
This library is managed and operated by volunteers working in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council.
Library opening hours
Please contact the library directly for the current opening hours.
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is in the Starbeck Central community hub, next to Belmont Park on the High Street in Starbeck. A bus stop is a two minute walk away and the train station is a five minute walk away.
One car parking space is available at the front of the building for use by people with a disability. Free street parking is available on the High Street and neighbouring roads. A small, free car park is also available at St Andrew's Church. Cycle racks are also provided.
Starbeck Central is on one floor and all areas are accessible to wheelchair users. A disabled toilet and a changing place are available.
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books for all ages in a variety of formats, including large print and audio. Music CDs, DVDs and foreign language titles are also available for loan, as well as micro:bits. You can request any item that is not immediately available.
Information and facilities at the library
- book crawl for children under five
- cafe area supported by Bakewell
- changing place
- 'communicate in print' software available on one computer
- family history
- free online access to Ancestry.com, Find My Past, the British Newspaper Archive and Access to Research
- free wi-fi
- Handprints shop
- help and support using IT
- internet and computer access
- local studies
- magazines and newspapers
- meeting rooms available for hire
- parents' collection
- photocopying, printing and scanning
- self-service kiosk to borrow, renew or return books
- shared services with Starbeck Central
'Communicate in print' software
This software enables people to create symbols for communicating. It is ideal for people and families where communication is impaired, for example by learning disabilities, autism or dementia. Training in how to use the software can be booked at Harrogate library.
Activities at the library
For further information about any of the activities below, please contact the library.
News and events
There are a number of opportunities to volunteer at the library. See the library volunteering page or ask at the library for further details.
Starbeck Central shared services
Starbeck Central is a shared building which also houses creative enterprises for adults with learning disabilities (Bakewell and Handprints), in addition to the library. The services available at Starbeck Central are:
- Bakewell small baking enterprise;
- changing place;
- day respite service;
- flexible meeting space for community groups and events;
- Handprints creative art enterprise; and
- refreshment area.