Proposals to add provision for special educational needs: social, emotional and mental health in the form of targeted provision at mainstream schools.
Notice is given in accordance with School Organisation (Prescribed Alterations to Maintained Schools) (England) Regulations 2013 that North Yorkshire County Council intends to make prescribed alterations to:
Proposals to add provision for special educational needs: social, emotional and mental health in the form of targeted provision at the following schools:
- The Wensleydale School, Richmond Road, Leyburn DL8 5HY
- Selby High School, Leeds Road, Selby YO8 4HT.
- Hambleton and Richmondshire Pupil Referral Unit, East Road, Northallerton DL6 1SZ.
- Scarborough Pupil Referral Unit, Valley Bridge Parade, Scarborough YO11 2PG.
from 1 September 2020 to add provision reserved for children with special educational needs. This will support up to 8 full time pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs at each school and each pupil referral unit.
Proposals to add provision for special educational needs: communication and interaction in the form of targeted provision at the following schools:
- Grove Road Community Primary School, Grove Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 5EP.
- Alverton Primary School, Mount Road, Northallerton DL6 1RB.
from 1 September 2020 to add provision reserved for children with special educational needs. This will support up to 8 full time pupils with Communication and Interaction needs at each school.
Proposals to formally remove provision for children with special educational needs from the following mainstream schools (previously designated as enhanced mainstream schools)
- Embsay Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School, Pasture Road, Embsay, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 6RH.
- Kirkbymoorside Community Primary, Westfields, Kirkbymoorside, York, North Yorkshire YO62 6AG.
- Thorpe Willoughby Community Primary School, Londesborough Grove, Fox Lane, Thorpe Willoughby, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8 9NX.
- King James’s School, King James Road, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, HG5 8EB.
- Bedale Church of England Primary School, Firby Road, Bedale DL8 2AT.
- Bedale High School, Fitzalan Road, Bedale DL8 2EQ.
- Thirsk Primary School, Hambleton Place, Thirsk YO7 1SL.
- Barrowcliff Primary School, Ash Grove, Scarborough YO12 6NJ.
- Lady Lumley’s School, Swainsea Lane, Pickering YO18 8NG.
- Malton School, Middlecave Road, Malton YO17 7NH.
- Barwic Parade Community Primary School, Petre Ave, Selby YO8 8DJ.
- Greatwood Community Primary School, Pinhaw Rd, Skipton BD23 2SJ.
- Upper Wharfedale School, 1 Wharfeside Ave, Threshfield, Skipton BD23 5BS.
- Mill Hill Community Primary School, Crosby Road, Northallerton DL6 1AE.
from 1 September 2020 to remove the provision reserved for children with special educational needs which the schools have held since 2010 when they were designated as Enhanced Mainstream Schools.
These Notices are extracts from the complete proposal.
Copies of the complete proposals can be obtained from Strategic Planning Children and Young People’s Service, North Yorkshire County Council, County Hall, Northallerton DL7 8AE.
Within four weeks from the date of publication of this proposal, any person may object to or make comments on the proposal by sending them to Strategic Planning, Children and Young People’s Service, North Yorkshire County Council County Hall, Northallerton, DL7 8AE, by 5pm on 17 July 2020.