Six things you need to know about our proposal
A single new North Yorkshire Council will:
- be a strong voice in the North, speaking out nationally for rural and coastal communities
- bring together the best services for residents and businesses, make them even better and save money by reducing duplication
- keep the county and nationally acclaimed services together at a critical time rather than breaking them in two
- unite North Yorkshire to operate at scale and sustainably, driving recovery from the pandemic, rather than creating two competing councils
- create a revolution in localism so communities have the funding and power to take action on what matters to them most in their area
- protect and build on the strong identity and global brand of North Yorkshire and what makes our county so great
You can support the bid by responding to the government's consultation until 19 April.
You can also see an easy read version of the consultation.