We can provide community interpretation and translation services in over 50 languages for the council and other public bodies in North Yorkshire.
This means we can arrange to translate documents, marketing materials and website pages as well face-to-face interpreting, including school meetings and hospital appointments. We also provide community interpreter training.
The service can be contacted Monday to Thursday, 8.30am - 5pm and Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm (excluding bank holidays). We aim to acknowledge your request and provide an interpreter or translator within three to five working days. It is helpful for us and the interpreters and translators if you can give us as much notice as possible before your request is to be carried out. You can request a male or female interpreter or translator, and book the person you have used before, if they are available. There is a small administrative charge for this service. All costs are outlined on the request forms.
'Talk to us' is not a priority service. However, if your request is urgent please contact us and we may be able to help you. Otherwise, please use Language Line.
You should read the procedure (pdf / 11 KB) and terms and conditions (pdf / 54 KB) documents before requesting a 'Talk to us' interpreting or translation service. You can then request the relevant service using the following forms.
Request forms for internal North Yorkshire County Council use only
- Interpretation request form (internal use only) (docx / 337 KB)
- Translation request form (internal use only) (docx / 328 KB)
Request forms for external use only
- Interpretation request form (external use only) (docx / 337 KB)
- Translation request form (external use only) (docx / 328 KB)
Contact the service
Tel: 01609 532562.
Use our feedback form (doc / 113 KB) to let us know about the 'Talk to us' interpreting or translation service you have received.
Terms and conditions
- Appendix A - lone working (pdf / 312 KB)
- Appendix B - smoke free workplace policy (pdf / 223 KB)
- Appendix C - data protection policy (pdf / 79 KB)
- Appendix D - health and safety policy (pdf / 128 KB)
- Appendix E - 'Talk to us' feedback form (doc / 2 MB)
- Appendix F - 'Talk to us' code of conduct and practice (pdf / 100 KB)
- Appendix G - North Yorkshire County Council equality policy statement (pdf / 199 KB)
- Appendix H - 'Talk to us' grant agreement (doc / 85 KB)