Access a range of procedure and guidance documents for medication and internet safety.
The following documents can be used by adult social care services providers to monitor their performance and make improvements to their services.
- Risk Notification Return Guidance Document (pdf / 297 KB)
- Risk Notification Return V2 (docx / 144 KB)
- Individual contracts - new distribution and signing process (pdf / 200 KB)
- Receiving secure email from North Yorkshire County Council using Egress Switch (pdf / 215 KB)
- A review of 15 minute visits to domiciliary care locations (pdf / 406 KB)
- Dementia provider guidance (pdf / 748 KB)
- Dementia services self-assessment tool (doc / 120 KB)
- Background information - dementia competencies (pdf / 357 KB)
- Process for monitoring and reviewing of block contracts (pdf / 36 KB)
- Retention and destruction of records procedure (pdf / 318 KB)
- Safeguarding self-assessment tool (doc / 134 KB)
- The process that may lead to the suspension of a provider from the relevant provider list (pdf / 230 KB)
- A template which providers can use to compile emergency care plans (pdf / 82 KB)
- Value for money tool to be completed by providers as part of the contract monitoring process (xls / 64 KB)
- Guidance on the value for money tool (pdf / 63 KB)
- Guidance for care homes in North Yorkshire and York on the safe use of homely remedies (pdf / 172 KB)
- Protocol for the treatment of newly found wounds (to be used in conjunction with the homely remedies policy) (pdf / 212 KB)
The following documents provide guidance on the use of medication in care homes and domiciliary care settings.
Good practice guidance
- Medication administration records in care homes and domiciliary care (pdf / 431 KB)
- The administration of medicines in care homes (pdf / 440 KB)
- The administration of medicines in domiciliary care (pdf / 629 KB)
- The safe management of controlled drugs in care homes (pdf / 533 KB)
- The administration and recording of creams and nutritional supplements in care homes and domiciliary care (pdf / 317 KB)
- Disguising medicines in food or drink in care homes and domiciliary care (pdf / 341 KB)
- Guidance on leave medication in care homes (not applicable to domiciliary care) (pdf / 323 KB)
- Medication prescribed to be taken when required in care homes and domiciliary care (pdf / 339 KB)
- Non-prescribed medication in care homes and domiciliary care (pdf / 335 KB)
- Secondary dispensing in care homes and domiciliary care (pdf / 330 KB)
- Self-medication in care homes (not applicable to domiciliary care) (pdf / 316 KB)
The following documents provide guidance on internet safety in care homes and domiciliary care settings.