Opening times, location and the waste taken at Wombleton HWRC.
Open everyday except Wednesdays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
- April to September - 8.30am to 5pm
- October to March - 8.30am to 4pm
Please allow enough time to unload your waste before the site closes.
Charges for waste
All residents are charged for the disposal of hardcore, rubble, plasterboard and tyres. There are also charges for some commercial waste.
Restrictions on vehicles
There are restrictions on the vehicles that can use our centres. Residents using commercial or commercial-like vehicles, charities and voluntary organisations need to register (pdf / 62 KB) their vehicles.
You cannot use Wombleton HWRC with a commercial or commercial-like vehicle larger than 4.9m long or 2.1m high, or if you wish to use a trailer of any size. If you wish to use a large vehicle or trailer, please use a neighbouring household waste recycling centre.
Items accepted here
- paper, cardboard, telephone directories, books
- garden waste
- glass, food and drink cans, foil
- scrap metal
- plastic bottles
- mixed textiles and clothes
- batteries, fluorescent tubes, tvs and monitors, fridges and freezers, large appliances, small appliances
- furniture (including beds, mattresses, sofas and chairs), bric-a-brac
- car batteries and tyres
- wood and timber
- hardcore and rubble, plasterboard
- gas bottles
- waste for energy recovery
- hazardous waste
We do not allow biodegradable bags to be deposited in the green waste containers.
Finding Wombleton household waste recycling centre.
Further details are available in our household waste recycling centre user guidance leaflet (pdf / 394 KB).