The visitor economy is a cornerstone of North Yorkshire’s economic vitality and brings in more than £1.5 billion a year from domestic visits alone to the county.
We are coordinating a new strategy, which will be aimed at boosting the visitor economy and supporting tens of thousands of workers who are employed in the sector, while also attracting a wider and more diverse range of visitors to the county.
The destination management plan is set to provide the first ever countywide approach to promoting the visitor economy following the launch of the council in April.
A series of events are being held throughout August to gather information and views from key organisations and enterprises involved in the visitor economy to shape the draft plan.
A full version of the strategy together with a shortened version are available below for businesses to read and to feedback using the questionnaire.
Following the consultation a polished version of the final strategy will be taken to our Overview and Scrutiny and Executive Members for ratification and adoption.
The consultation on the draft strategy will close on 30 September 2023.
Workshops will be held at the following locations:
- Solberge Hall, Northallerton on Wednesday 30 August - 10.30am and 12.30pm
- Whitby Pavilion, Whitby on Monday 11 September - 12pm
- C4DI Group, Northallerton on Tuesday 12 September - 2pm
- Online event on Tuesday 12 September - 5.30pm
- The Crown Hotel, Harrogate on Wednesday 13 September - 11am and 3pm
- Selby Civic Centre, Selby on Thursday 14 September - 11am and 3pm
- Scarborough Spa, Platinum Lounge on Thursday 14 September - 12pm
Online workshops are also available.