Carer's emergency card

The carer's emergency card identifies you as a carer in an emergency.

It offers 24-hour emergency cover if you are ill or have an accident and cannot speak to the person you care for. 

We will contact your identified emergency contact or take appropriate action. 

To apply, you must tell us about yourself and the person you care for. You should also give details of someone who can take your place in an emergency. 

What if I don't have an emergency contact?

North Yorkshire Council will provide emergency support if you don't have an emergency contact. 

Who the card is for

The card is for anyone over 18 who cares for someone in North Yorkshire.

Apply for a card

If you do not have a card you can apply for and register a card here:

Apply for and register a carer's emergency card

If you have already picked up a card you can register it here:

Register a carer's emergency card

Change in circumstances

Contact the customer service team to tell us about a change in your circumstances. This could be when your named contact changes, or you change your telephone number.