Reporting a missed waste or recycling collection
Before you report a missed collection, please check:
- that your collection day has not changed
- if there are operational service changes - for example, because of bad weather
Reasons your bin, box or bag might not have been collected
To make sure your rubbish or recycling collection is not missed, please check:
- your bin box or bag contains the right waste materials
- your bin is not overfilled and the lid can close
- there is no extra waste left next to your bin, box or bag
- your bin, box or bag is left out at the right time on your collection day
Bin and recycling collection text alerts
If you live in the former Scarborough or Harrogate boroughs you can sign up for bin service text message alerts.
Tell us about missed collections
Where you live affects how you tell us about missed collections. Use our lookup tool to report a missed bin in your area.