We look after three active cemeteries in the Richmondshire area.
Reeth Road Cemetery
You can purchase grave spaces, burials and memorials in advance in these active cemeteries by making an application. Commemorative trees can also be planted at Richmond Cemetery.
For further information and advice, please contact us.
We maintain 14 closed cemeteries in the Richmondshire area:
- Askrigg: St Oswalds, Church View, Askrigg, North Yorkshire, DL8 3HZ
- Aysgarth: St Andrew, Church Bank, Aysgarth, North Yorkshire, DL8 3SR
- Bellerby: St Johns, Church Street, Bellerby, North Yorkshire, DL8 5JF
- Bolton on Swale: St Marys, Bolton Road, Bolton on Swale, Scorton, North Yorkshire, Dl11 6AQ
- Cleasby: St Peters, Boat House Lane, Cleasby, North Yorkshire, DL2 2QZ
- East Witton: Old Churchyard, Low Thorpe, East Witton, North Yorkshire, DL8 4SN
- Forcett: St Cuthberts, West Lane, Forcett, North Yorkshire, DL11 7SD
- Hawes: St Margarets, The Hill, Hawes, North Yorkshire, DL8 3PQ
- Melsonby: St James, Church Row, Melsonby, North Yorkshire, DL10 5LX
- Middleham: St Alkeldas, Church Street, Middleham, North Yorkshire, DL8 4PG
- Middleton Tyas: St Michael and All Angels, Middleton Tyas, North Yorkshire, DL10 6RH
- Spennithorne: St Michael and All Angels, Main Street, Spennithorne, North Yorkshire, DL8 5PR
- Wensley: Holy Trinity, Low Lane, Wensley, North Yorkshire, DL8 4HJ
- West Witton: St Bartholomews, Church Bank, West Witton, North Yorkshire, DL8 4LU
What is the difference between an active and a closed cemetery?
Active or open cemeteries have spaces available, and they can be purchased by getting in touch with us.
When a cemetery is full if may be officially closed under the Burial Act of 1853. These cemeteries are still open to the public to view and enjoy, but purchasing space is not allowed.
We don't hold the records for these cemeteries. For further information about cemetery records please contact the local parish council.
If you require any assistance, please contact us.
Use of the chapel at Richmond cemetery
We have a chapel available at Richmond cemetery should you wish to hold a small service.
For further information, please contact us.
Our Richmondshire cemeteries are open 24 hours. Take care in the dark or in adverse weather conditions, and please respect the grounds at all times.
Fees and charges
You can find a full list of bereavement service fees in the Richmondshire area here. You can also download a copy of the bereavement service costs for the Richmondshire area (pdf / 100 KB).
Frequently asked questions
You can find answers to common questions about burial, graves, and cremation on the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management website.