Immigration inspections

Find out how to arrange an immigration inspection.

People moving from outside the UK into our area may need to confirm to UK Border Control that they are moving into suitable, uncrowded accommodation. Normally, someone acts as a sponsor to the person moving into the area, and they will be asked by the immigration authority for an independent assessment.

We can carry out an inspection and assess whether the property:

  • provides safe and healthy accommodation under the Housing Act 2004
  • is in a reasonable state of repair
  • has sufficient space so as not to be overcrowded to accommodate the current and proposed occupiers

Arranging an immigration inspection

An immigration inspection and report costs £100. You need to pay this fee before you can arrange a date and time for the inspection.

To request an immigration inspection form or make a payment over the phone, contact us.

Once completed you can email it to us or post to the following address:

Environmental Health,

Civic Centre,

Stone Cross,

Rotary Way,


North Yorkshire,