The network, which is delivered by our broadband company NYnet, allows you to connect to the internet whilst enjoying our market town centres. We are using this to explore how this technology could be used to promote local shops and services and create a different town centre experience.
If you are a student, you can connect to your educational networks via Eduroam and public sector staff can connect via Govrom, giving you the assurance that you are on a secure network.
Digital friendly Wi-Fi
Free Wi-Fi in North Yorkshire is certified by Digital Friendly Wi-Fi, the safe certification standard for public Wi-Fi.
Wherever you see the Digital Friendly Wi-Fi logo, you can be confident that the public Wi-Fi service at this location is ﬁltered to meet the minimum levels of protection.
The following content will be automatically filtered:
• web pages known to the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) that show indecent images of children
• adverts or links to such content
This will help prevent children and young people from accessing inappropriate material themselves, and also limit accidental exposure to inappropriate material that others might be viewing on their devices in a public place.
How to connect to the Wi-Fi
Follow these instructions to connect to the free Wi-Fi.
- From your device's Wi-Fi settings, search for North Yorkshire Wi-Fi in a designated town and area
- You should then be presented with the logon page in your browser
- To connect, read the terms and conditions and accept by clicking the “Continue To Internet” button
- You are now connected to our free Wi-Fi network.
Free Wi-Fi locations
- Catterick Garrison
- Sherburn in Elmet