Ticket prices, location and site information for Whitby park and ride.
Available every day, except Thursday, the service will operate from 5 April to 1 November 2020, including bank holidays.
The park and ride offers an affordable alternative to town centre parking and caters for a range of customers from commuters to day trippers. The site includes a modern clean energy efficient building with waiting area and toilets.
The fare paid to travel on the bus also covers parking and use of facilities. Tickets are purchased on the bus from the driver. Dogs can travel on the bus at the discretion of the bus driver. There is no extra charge for dogs.
Finding the park and ride
Located at the A171 / B1460 junction North of Whitby it has 450 free spaces. If using a sat nav, follow the postcode YO21 1TL.
There are two services offering different routes to Whitby centre. Both operate direct from Whitby Bus Station to the park and ride.
Service P1 runs via West Cliff and St Hilda's Terrace to Whitby Bus Station and then to the park and ride. Buses operate every 30 minutes. During the summer school holidays this service operates every 30 minutes from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Service P2 runs direct to Whitby Bus Station. Buses operate every 30 minutes.
Please help us to keep everyone safe by adhering to these points:
- Wash or sanitise your hands before and after travelling.
- Pay by contactless or buy an app ticket, if you can.
- Follow social distancing signs.
- You must wear a face covering throughout the journey, except children under 11 or if you have a disability that prevents you from wearing one. Not all disabilities are visible, so please respect other people. Those not wearing face coverings may be fined by the police.
- If you have any coronavirus symptoms, however mild, do not travel. Remember, it’s everyone’s responsibility to follow these rules, so play your part and stop the spread. Stay safe and consider your fellow passengers and our drivers.
What we are doing to help keep you safe:
- We’ve stepped up our cleaning regimes, including more cleaning of points such as handrails, and disinfectant ‘fogging’ of buses at night to clean the entire bus.
- Screens are up to protect our drivers. Bus drivers don’t have to wear a face covering when driving, although we’ve provided masks for drivers who want them. Please respect our drivers’ working areas by giving them space.
- We’re carrying fewer people on each bus, to help social distancing. Please travel at quiet times, and be prepared to wait if your bus is full. Signs on each bus show how many people it can carry.
- We’re carry out additional cleans of the waiting facilities, you may be asked to wait outside whilst we undertake additional cleans through the day.
- Some seating is not available to help social distancing.
- There is a one-way system though the waiting facilities.
The park and ride is open from 5 April 2020.
- 5 April and 30 April - 8.15am to 5.44pm
- 1 May to 17 July - 8am to 6.44pm
- 18 July to 6 September - 8am to 8.44pm
- 7 September to 30 September - 8am to 6.44pm
- 1 October to 1 November - 8.15am to 4.44pm
The car park will be closed and locked 15 minutes after the last bus. There is no facility to reopen the site to recover vehicles left after closure.
|Type of fare||Price|
|Basic fare||Single £1.70
(up to the age of 16 years old)
|Concessionary fare scheme
(people with a senior or disabled persons bus pass)
(maximum of two adults and two young people up to the age of 16 years old)
Ticket prices are subject to change and you should confirm prices at the park and ride site prior to your journey.
The following restrictions apply:
- Vehicles may not be parked on the site overnight;
- Caravans are not permitted.
Motor homes can park at our park and ride sites.
For any other queries or assistance, you can contact the Arriva Customer Service team on 0344 800 4411 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm).