Proof of life for pensions

If you are a British, Irish, Commonwealth or European Union citizen and receive a pension from another country, we can validate your Proof of Life form to confirm your residency in the United Kingdom.

Please note this service is only available to residents of North Yorkshire and is available at all of our registration offices.

Please contact us so we can direct your enquiry to your nearest office.  A fee of £25 per form is payable at the appointment. You will need to pay by card.

Each person named on the Proof of Life form will need to attend the appointment and bring the following:

  • the Proof of Life form you need us to authorise – this must have an English translation
  • valid photographic identification – passport, driving licence or bus pass

You'll also need to bring one of the following to prove your address:

  • a utility bill dated no more than 3 months before the date of your appointment
  • a bank or building society statement or passbook dated no more than 1 month before the date of your appointment
  • a council tax bill dated no more than 1 year before the date of your appointment

If the name on the form differs to the name on the documentation, we must see evidence from the list below:

  • Registered Deed Poll (3 stamps: in the Supreme Court of Deeds, Royal Courts of Justice)
  • Unregistered Deed Polls/Statutory Declaration
  • Marriage Certificate(s)