Can I foster?
It is great that you are thinking about fostering - fostering makes a difference that lasts a lifetime. Our foster carers in North Yorkshire offer more than a place to stay. They are there to…
Be a guide when needed, to listen and share. Be a hug, or a shoulder, be proud to care.
Since our children and young people come into care from all sorts of backgrounds, we welcome people from all backgrounds. We appreciate all life experiences and so do our foster children.
There are no set criteria for a foster carer. You can be:
- single (male or female), married, living as a couple, same sex couple, divorced or widowed
- with or without children
- of any religious faith or none
- of any cultural background
- homeowners or renting
- employed, retired or on benefits
- with or without qualifications
Fostering is challenging but extremely rewarding. It is the job that loves you back. Our successful foster carers have these qualities:
- a genuine commitment to caring for a child or children
- energy and enthusiasm
- understanding and patience
- a sense of humour
- the ability to make a child feel valued
If you think you fit the bill, then we would love to hear from you. We give our foster carers all the support they need.