This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why North Yorkshire Council processes your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with our corporate privacy notice.
Who are we?
North Yorkshire Council is a ‘data controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). The council delivers inclusive programmes of activity to support health and wellbeing, increase physical activity levels and prevent social isolation. Currently, this programme delivers the following activities:
- primetime, Stillington
- primetime, Northallerton
- strong and steady, Stokesley
- primetime Bedale
The council has appointed Veritau to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
Tel: 01904 552848
What personal information do we collect?
To provide the service/activities outlined above, we will collect the following categories of personal data:
- name, address, date of birth,
- name of parent/guardian/carer
- name and phone number for participant’s emergency contact and their relationship to them and parent/guardian/carer (when applicable)
We may also collect the following special category data:
- information pertaining to the participant’s health e.g. disability or impairment information
Why do we collect your personal information?
We process your information for the following purposes:
- for the purposes of service delivery
- to ensure you are kept informed of operational updates or changes to the service
- to ensure your health or additional support needs are considered by the trainer and that you understand any associated risks with your activity
Who do we obtain your information from?
We collect the personal data outlined above directly from the participant undertaking the activity or their parent/guardian/carer, if applicable.
Who do we share this information with?
We do not share your information with any other organisations during the provision of this service.
How long do we keep your information for?
Personal data such as name, address and contact details
1 year after collection
Special category health data
1 year after collection
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
North Yorkshire Council relies on the following lawful basis to process your personal data:
UK GDPR Article 6(1)(e)- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Regarding marketing information, the Council relies on the following lawful basis:
UK GDPR Article 6(1)(a) - the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
When processing special category data, the Council will rely on the following lawful basis:
UK GDPR Article 9(2)(g) - The processing of your special category data is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest (with a basis in law), meeting Schedule 1, Part 2 of the Data Protection Act 2018 as below:
- (16) Support for individuals with a particular disability or medical condition
The legislations, policies and guidance that relate to this service includes, but is not limited to:
- The local government (miscellaneous provisions) act 1976 (s19)
For more information about how we use your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.