This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why North Yorkshire Council processes your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the council’s corporate privacy notice.
Who are we?
North Yorkshire Council is a ‘data controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the UK general sata protection regulation (UK GDPR). The Evron Centre and Falsgrave community resource centres offer a range of services, including room hire, equipment hire, internet usage and office space.
The council has appointed Veritau to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
What personal information do we collect?
The personal data we collect will include:
- name and postal address
- contact details such as email address and telephone number
- details of correspondence and other contacts; if you contact us, we may keep details of the correspondence and the content of the contact
- sales and service transactions which cover details of all business transactions which take place between us including details of the sales and services we have provided to you as part of those transactions
- information relating to your preferences or opinions collected as part of our client surveys or competitions
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our site
- call recordings (you will be informed upon contacting the council if your call is being recorded or monitored)
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- to manage and administer booking requests and purchases
- to communicate with you regarding your bookings and purchases
- to manage payments and fees
- to collect, and recover monies owed
CCTV is used for the security of the site, to protect our property and safety and that of our customers, employees and other third parties.
Who do we share this information with?
We do not routinely share your data with any external parties.
How long do we keep your information for?
The council will retain your personal information in accordance with the organisation’s retention schedule. For the purposes of satisfying its statutory obligations, the council is required to retain some information for a set period. However, where statutory retention periods do not apply, the council will only retain the data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose it was collected for.
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
North Yorkshire Council relies on the following lawful basis to process your personal data:
UK GDPR Article 6 (1)(b)-processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
UK GDPR Article (1)(f)- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Our legitimate business interests include enabling us to provide you with products, services and information about our products and services (marketing).
For more information about how the council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.