This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why we process your personal data for the holiday activity and food programme.
This notice should be read in conjunction with our corporate privacy notice.
Who are we?
North Yorkshire Council are a ‘data controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
The department for education has made funds available to every local authority in England to coordinate free holiday club provision, including healthy food and enriching activities, for children on benefits-related free school meals for the Easter, Summer and Christmas holidays in 2022. We have engaged with a number of providers to offer engaging and enriching activities for eligible children in school years reception to Year 11.
We have appointed Veritau to be our data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
Tel: 01904 552848
What personal information do we collect?
In order to identify the cohort of eligible children, we use free school meal data currently held by ourselves. Once a family submits an application to enrol on the programme, the following additional information will be collected on the application form:
- child’s full name
- child’s date of birth
- child’s gender
- child’s address and postcode
- child’s school
- dietary requirements
- additional needs
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your data in order to:
- check eligibility for free places
- enrol your child on holiday activities
- understand if your child has any additional needs that need to be taken into consideration
- inform holiday activity providers which children will be attending sessions
- arrange transport (if required)
- provide information to the department for education in order to qualify for the grant funding they provide for the scheme
Who do we share this information with?
Within the council, we share information with:
- staff involved in the planning and coordination of the holiday activity and food programme
Externally we share information with:
- coordinators and providers of holidays activities (North Yorkshire youth, North Yorkshire arts, North Yorkshire sports)
- department for education for statistical purposes and in order to qualify for the grant funding they provide for the scheme
How long do we keep your information for?
|Data held||Retention period|
|Applications for the holiday activity and food programme||7years from date of application|
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
Parents will provide consent to participate in the holiday activity and food programme when completing the application form. The data collected and shared with ourselves will be processed under the following lawful bases:
- article 6(1)(e) – processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- article 9(2)(h) – processing is necessary for health or social care
For more information about how we use your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.