You may apply for up to two awards of emergency food and/or utility credit in any twelve month period. For other items provided under the und, a maximum entitlement of two items (maximum of one white good) may be awarded in the same twelve month period.
- Electric cooker: free standing
- Gas cooker
- Table top hob
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer (medical or disability grounds only)
- Microwave and under the counter fridge/freezer pack (to be applied for only where an applicant has neither a fridge nor a cooker).
Furniture, household items, beds and bedding
- Table and 4 chairs
- Utensil set, 16 piece diner set and pans
- Kettle, iron and toaster set
- Convector heater
- Oil radiator
- Single bed and bedding
- Double bed and bedding
- Bunk beds and bedding
- Rug – Standard/Large (only available for households with children up to the age of 5)
- Waterproof mattress, pillow covers (only available for single beds or small double beds)
- Wooden bed frame (no mattress)
Awards for food, utility and clothing are based on the applicant’s circumstances and need.
- Electricity meter top-up
- Gas meter top-up
- Arcadia Group Stores
- Sports Direct
Food vouchers are provided in digital form to allow for in-store or online shopping, in the event that an applicant is unable to access one of these stores. Please note that there may be a charge for shopping delivery. Cash can only be awarded in exceptional circumstances.
The fund can consider requests for other items not listed however, the case must be made for these items in the application form and there is no guarantee that they will be awarded.
Submitting an application
Applications are made through authorised agencies that will provide support to those who are eligible and are identified as vulnerable.
At this time we are not taking applications for any new authorised agents to be added to the list above. This does not affect you making an application to the fund.
If you are wanting to apply for food and/or utility support, and it’s your first time applying or you are applying for the temporary additional award described at the top of this page, you can contact the fund’s administrator, Family Fund Business Services, to apply on 01904 550030.