A to Z of services

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y
Title Introduction
Paid bus passes Students can apply for a paid bus pass if they are not entitled to free school transport to a school or assistance with transport to a sixth form or college.
Paint Water based paint (emulsion) is accepted, free of charge, at all household waste recycling centres.
Palm Court Hotel View information about Palm Court Hotel.
Paper You can recycle mixed papers, free of charge, (including commercial waste) at all our household waste recycling centres.
Parental responsibility Parental responsibility refers to the rights between a child and their parents or adults with a significant role in the child's life.
Parish and town councils Information about what parish and town councils do, and find out about the parish charter and plans.
Parish clerks Search for information about a parish clerk online.
Park and ride Information about the park and ride sites in North Yorkshire.
Parking Find out about car parks, street parking zones and pay an on-street parking fine online.
Parking fines and enforcement Pay or challenge an on-street parking fine online and view details of the penalty charge notice fees.
Parsonage Country House Hotel View information about Parsonage Country House Hotel.
Partnership boards Information about the children, adult, health and transport partnership boards we are involved in.
Partnership with NHS Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby CCG A consultation on the proposed partnership with NHS Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby CCG.
Partnerships Find out about the work we do in partnership with other organisations across North Yorkshire and how this benefits the county and its people.
Pavements and kerbs Report a pavement or kerb problem online and see how to apply for a dropped kerb.
Pavilions of Harrogate View information about Pavilions of Harrogate.
Pay online Pay online for council services quickly and easily 24 hours a day.
Paying for care at home Find information about paying for care services to keep you safe and independent at home.
Paying for residential or nursing home care If you are thinking about moving into a care home, talk it through with us first. We may be able to help you make a decision.
Pedestrian crossings Pedestrian crossings improve safety for pedestrians when crossing a road. Find out how to report a problem with a crossing or request a new one.
Performing animals licence A person who exhibits or trains any performing animal must be registered by law.
Personal injury claims Information about making a personal injury claim if you have been injured as a result of something we are responsible for or a service we provide.
Pet travel scheme All rabies-susceptible animals entering the UK have to spend six months in quarantine.
Petitions View petitions we have received and find out how to submit a new one.
Petitions information and advice We welcome petitions and recognise that they are one way in which people can let us know their concerns.
Petitions received View petitions we have received.
Petroleum storage certificate A petroleum storage certificate is required if you store petrol at a petrol filling station.
Pheasant Hotel View information about Pheasant Hotel.
Physical activity Physical activity reduces the risk of developing conditions like heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, depression and some cancers.
Pickering library Information about Pickering library including contact details and services offered.
Pickering Station View information about Pickering Station.
Places to visit in North Yorkshire Whether you are looking for sandy beaches, market towns, cultural gems or natural beauty, North Yorkshire has something to offer everyone.
Planning advice and guidance View the pre-application planning advice that we offer for mineral, waste and county council applications.
Planning and development
Planning application forms Planning application forms, guidance notes and validation requirements are provided below, along with information on application fees.
Planning area search service Area searches provide a check of the area surrounding a property to find out what planning applications have been approved or refused.
Planning consultations and publicity Information on how we consult on and publicise minerals and waste or County Council planning applications.
Planning decisions View decision notices on mineral, waste or County Council planning applications.
Planning enforcement Investigating complaints about mineral extraction and processing, the management of waste and our own developments, such as schools and nursing homes.
Planning policy Information about the North Yorkshire minerals and waste plan and local plans for minerals, waste, resident and business.
Plasterboard Household and commercial plasterboard is accepted at household waste recycling centres, but is chargeable.
Plastic You can recycle all plastic bottles, pots, tubs and clear food grade trays, free of charge, at all household waste recycling centres.
Plaxton Court extra care housing scheme, Scarborough Plaxton Court provides 53 self-contained, one- and two-bedroom apartments and 16 three-bedroom cottages.
Play 'Colour Scavenger Hunt' on the Scarborough Trails Can you match pieces of nature to our colour scavenger hunt? Look out for pinecones, leaves and flowers to win!
Play 'Colour Scavenger Hunt' on the Selby Trails Can you match pieces of nature to our colour scavenger hunt? Look out for pinecones, leaves and flowers to win!
Play 'Hero of the Outdoors' on Scarborough Trails Who will earn the most discovery points and become a Hero of the Outdoors? Download our checklist to play!
Play 'Hero of the Outdoors' on Selby Trails Who will earn the most discovery points and become a Hero of the Outdoors? Download our checklist to play!
Poisons licence If you acquire, possess or use certain non-medicinal poisons you must hold a licence from the Home Office.
Pollution Information about the control of asbestos, noise complaints and air quality.
Polystyrene Household polystyrene can be disposed, free of charge, at all household waste recycling centres.
Popple Well Springs extra care housing scheme, Tadcaster Popple Well Springs provides a one-bedroom apartment and 50 two-bedroom, self-contained apartments for rent.
Post-incident support The major incident response team offers support in the aftermath of a traumatic incident to anyone affected by the event.
Potholes and road condition issues Report a non-urgent pothole or damaged road surface online and view details about how we maintain our roads.
Prams and pushchairs Prams and pushchairs can be accepted, free of charge, at all our household waste recycling centres.
Preventative health services The older you get, the more important it becomes to stay healthy. We want to create an environment where people can flourish.
Preventing falls in older people People aged 65 and older have the highest risk of falling, something that can be prevented.
Prevention service Find out about the children and families prevention service that supports families in North Yorkshire.
Previous consultations View the results of previous consultations and details of next steps.
Printer cartridges and toners Household printer and toner cartridges (inkjet and laser) are accepted, free of charge, at all household waste recycling centres.
Private fostering Private fostering is where children and young people are looked after by someone who is not a parent or relative for more than 28 days.
Private retirement or sheltered housing Most leasehold retirement or sheltered housing is purchased at full price on the open market.
Problems with goods - advice and guidance Advice and guidance on goods-related topics, including guarantees and warranties, your rights, pricing law, buying at home, on the internet or on premises and more.
Problems with services - advice and guidance Advice and guidance on service-related topics, including buying at home, over the internet or on premises, buying communications packages, guarantees and warranties and more.
Procurement opportunities Find current procurement opportunities with North Yorkshire County Council through YORtender.
Procurement opportunities for adult social care and health services Find out about adult social care and health services procurement opportunities.
Product safety The safety of all consumer products, whether they are sold as new or second-hand, is controlled by regulations.
Prologue Performance Cycling Prologue Performance Cycling is offering Healthier Choices in its menu. It gives you options when eating out.
Promoting mental health One in four adults will experience poor mental health within their lifetime, but there are ways to strengthen your resilience and be positive.
Proposed enlargement at St Mary’s Roman Catholic Primary School A statutory proposal to expand St Mary’s Roman Catholic Primary School in Malton with two additional classrooms and a hall.
Proposed school admission arrangements 2019 to 2020 A consultation on the proposed school admission arrangements from 2019 to 2020.
Public health Find out what we are doing to improve public health in North Yorkshire.
Public rights of way Find out about public rights of way and view maps and lists of walks and rides.
Public rights of way registers View the registers for definitive map modification order applications and Highways Act 1980 Section 31(6) deposits.
Public rights of way team Contact details for the public rights of way team.
Public transport Access a range of public transport information including bus timetables, bus passes and bus service changes.
Public weighbridges You can use a public weighbridge if you need to weigh your van, lorry, trailer, tractor or other vehicle.
Pupil records School records are often a source of invaluable help for historical and genealogical research.