A to Z of services

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y
Title Introduction
Radiators Radiators are accepted, free of charge, at all our household waste recycling centres.
Raithwaite Estate View information about Raithwaite Estate.
Raven Hall Country House Hotel View information about Raven Hall Country House Hotel.
Real time travel information Real time information removes the uncertainty a passenger feels when waiting at a bus stop, by providing the arrival time of the next bus.
Record keeping For farm record keeping, laws govern what information must be kept on record and for how long.
Record office collections and services Details of our collections and services, including copying, records, and conservation, and our family and local history research service.
Record office policies and deposits Information for depositors, as well as our other policies including access, acquisition, collections and preservation.
Record office projects and events We hold regular events and work with local groups throughout North Yorkshire to develop community heritage projects and learning activities.
Records, DVDs, CDs and tapes You can take records, DVDs, CDs and tapes, free of charge, to all household waste recycling centres.
Recruitment checks Recruitment checks are an essential part of your offer as we cannot welcome you on board until all the necessary checks have been completed.
Recruitment information and documentation (non-teachers) Congratulations! You have been directed to this page as you have either been successful in securing an interview with North Yorkshire County Council or you have been offered and accepted a position with the council.
Recruitment information and documentation (teachers) Congratulations! You have been directed to this page as you have either been successful in securing an interview with North Yorkshire County Council or you have been offered and accepted a position with the council.
Redirecting to "dealing with grief and loss" on the NHS website Please wait while we redirect you to information on dealing with grief and loss on the NHS website.
Redirecting to "Tell Us Once" on the GOV.UK website Please wait while we redirect you to information on Tell Us Once on the GOV.UK website.
Redirecting to "What to do after someone dies" on the GOV.UK website Please wait while we redirect you to information on what to do after someone dies on the GOV.UK website.
Redirecting to "Wills and Probate" on the GOV.UK website Please wait while we redirect you to information on Wills and Probate on the GOV.UK website.
Reduce and reuse Reducing waste and reusing items helps the environment by saving energy and resources.
Reducing carbon emissions Information about our carbon emissions and details of the projects we are running to reduce them further.
Referendums Information about referendums at local and national levels.
Regen Centre View information about Regen Centre.
Registering a death Find information to help you register a death and book an appointment online.
Registering a place of worship for marriage ceremonies Information on applying for a building of worship to become a building where marriages can take place as well as cancelling a licence.
Registering a stillbirth Registering a baby's stillbirth will be arranged on an individual basis, with the utmost regard paid to parents' care and wellbeing.
Registering the birth of your baby Book an appointment online to register the birth of your baby and get a birth certificate.
Registering to vote and electoral register Find out how to register to vote in local and national elections and learn about the electoral register, including proxy and postal voting.
Registration offices View details of our registration office wedding venues.
Registration service fees Details of the price of services by our registration service, including ceremonies and certificates.
Relish Sandwich Bar Relish Sandwich Bar offer Healthier Choices in their menu, it gives you more options when eating out.
Rendezvous Hotel View information about Rendezvous Hotel.
Renewing your vows A renewal ceremony is designed for couples who wish to renew their wedding or civil partnership vows.
Repairs to your home Information about home improvement agencies and handypersons that can help you to live independently, safely and comfortably at home.
Replace a school bus pass Request a replacement bus pass online if your school or college bus pass has been damaged, lost or stolen.
Report a street light problem Information about how to report a problem with a street light and details about how street lights are maintained.
Report online Report problems to the council quickly and easily 24 hours a day.
Request new street lighting Information about how to request new street lighting.
Research and business information services Library staff will research your enquiry for up to 30 minutes without charge. We also offer a business information research service.
Residential and business planning, building control and land charges District or borough councils deal with residential and business planning including area search, applications, building control and land charges.
Residential care for children Children's residential units are there for young people aged 13 to 17 when they cannot live with their own family, for whatever reason.
Residential care homes and nursing homes Information about care homes and nursing homes, which offer 24 hour care.
Residential parking zones and permits View details of residents parking zones and apply for a permit.
Residential planning applications Residential planning applications are dealt with by the local district or borough council.
Residential planning consultations Residential planning consultations are carried out by your district or borough council.
Resilience and emergencies unit The resilience and emergencies unit is responsible for planning for a wide variety of potential incidents and emergencies that could affect the population of North Yorkshire.
Respite care Respite care centres provide short-stay overnight care for adults with high or complex needs, including autism and learning disabilities.
Review of services for young people - the healthy child programme We are asking for your views on how we keep young people in North Yorkshire happy, healthy and safe.
Review of the library service reconfiguration Give us your views as part of our 12 month post-implementation review on the library service reconfiguration.
Richmond community library Information about Richmond community library including contact details and services offered.
Richmond registration office View details about the Richmond registration office.
Richmond Town Hall View information about Richmond Town Hall.
Richmondshire district View a list of businesses in Richmondshire taking part in the Healthier Choices scheme here.
Riggs Farm View information about Riggs Farm.
Rights of way and development Information that developers need to know if they are carrying out work affecting a public right of way.
Rights of way information and advice Information about the different types of rights of way and who can use them.
Rights of way maintenance Information about who looks after public rights of way and how to report any issues.
Rights of way maps View the public rights of way in North Yorkshire on our online maps.
Rights of way public notices See the latest order notices for diversions, definitive map modification orders and temporary closures and how to comment on a notice.
Ripley Castle View information about Ripley Castle.
Ripon household waste recycling centre Opening times, location and the waste taken at Ripon HWRC.
Ripon library Information about Ripon library including contact details and services offered.
Ripon Spa Hotel View information about Ripon Spa Hotel.
Ripon Walled Garden Cafe Ripon Walled Garden Cafe is offering Healthier Choices in its menu. It gives you options when eating out.
River House Bed and Breakfast River House offer Healthier Choices in its breakfast menu.
Road adoption Road adoption is when we take responsibility for a road which was previously private.
Road cameras and weather conditions View pictures of road conditions across North Yorkshire from our weather station cameras.
Road drains and gully cleaning See who is responsible for the different types of road drainage systems and report a drainage issue online.
Road gritting, salt heaps and bins See when roads are gritted, view gritting routes and details of salt heaps and bins.
Road maintenance See what types of maintenance we carry out and report a maintenance problem online.
Road obstructions and spillages We try to keep our roads clear of dangerous obstructions and spillages whenever they occur or are reported.
Road records and searches We keep an up-to-date list of the county’s streets that are maintained at public expense, as well as records of roads, paths and verges we maintain.
Road safety See what we are doing to improve safety on our roads and access advice about winter driving.
Road signs, markings and bollards Information about how to report a problem with a road sign, marking or bollard and details about how they are maintained.
Road traffic accident information and collision statistics View free traffic accident statistics, and find out how to request more detailed road collision reports.
Roads and pavements Find out about potholes, road maintenance, gritting, street lighting, roadworks, road closures and report a problem online.
Roads, pavements and buildings Information about licences and permits for roads, pavements and buildings.
Roadworks map
Roadworks, road closures and diversions View our interactive map of roadworks, scheduled road closures and diversions.
Romanby Golf & Country Club View information about Romanby Golf & Country Club.
Roots Farm Shop Roots Farm Shop are offering Healthier Choices in its menu. It gives you options when eating out.
Rotters We're looking for volunteers to encourage people to reuse and recycle through our Love Food Hate Waste campaign.
Roundabout and verge sponsorship Roundabout and verge sponsorship allows businesses to advertise locally at sites across North Yorkshire.
Royal Hotel View information about Royal Hotel.
Rubbish Rubbish can be taken to all our household waste recycling centres.
Rudby Hall View information about Rudby Hall.
Rudding Park View information about Rudding Park.
Rural wedding venues View wedding venues in a rural setting.