Each year, we receive and investigate several hundred requests for additional signs. Commonly requested signs include give way, junction, bend warning signs, warning chevrons, pedestrian and children signs, housing development signs - providing local directions to new sites - and tourism signs. New traffic signs will normally only be provided:
- where recommended after an accident study
- in conjunction with improvements or alterations to the road network
- where existing signs are misleading and there is evidence of this causing confusion to road users
- where alterations to signage would be a positive benefit to commerce, industry or tourism
- where there is a legal requirement to provide them
Contact us to request a new road sign.