Any vessel wishing to apply for a pleasure boat licence against the standards of the Small Commercial Vessel Codes of Practice or MGN 280 (M) should contact one of the approved Maritime and Coastguard Agency Small Vessel Certifying Authorities as listed in MIN514(M).
To apply to carry more than 12 passengers or operate from any UK port contact the Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
See our Whitby Harbour fees and charges.
Please see www.gov.uk/boatmasters-licence.
East side/party pontoon
- available from 1 April to 31 October
- the winter period, 1 November to 31 March, is optional
- on the east side of the upper harbour between the bridge and the Church Street Jetty
- passenger-taking craft are given priority over available berths on this pontoon
- water is available free of charge
- these moorings are dredged to a depth of 1.5m below C.D
- vessels must be capable of taking the ground in a soft river bottom as there is occasional rapid siltation following strong river flows
- the pontoon has a security gate and each vessel is permitted a maximum of one key
New Quay Road/Dock end basin
- reserved for fishing vessels and commercial craft only
- privately-owned craft are not permitted within this area of the harbour
- new Quay Road is designated as a refuge berth for trawlers from 1 October to 31 March
Church Street jetty
- situated on the east side of the upper harbour
- reserved for smaller fishing and commercial vessels only
- berths are allocated by the harbour office