Starting a business
Specialist support is available to those who are thinking of starting their own business or who have been trading for less than three years.
The following organisations offer a range of support and advice:
- Ad:venture provides a mix of tailored business support for those in the B2B sector, including expert mentoring, workshops, grants to finance brokerage
- York and North Yorkshire Growth Hub provides advice on writing a business plan, funding, networking events and will be able to put you in touch with experts
- Airedale Enterprise Services supports start-up businesses to access growth funding, training, virtual office and networking opportunities
- Business Support Helpline provides free, impartial business support and signposting services to businesses
Growing your business
For support to help grow your business, the York and North Yorkshire Growth Hub can provide you with free mentoring support and advise you on:
- finance, including grant funding
- exporting to new markets
- recruitment and apprentices
Subscribe to our business newsletter
Our Business team regularly produces a free e-newsletter that provides the latest news on:
- business support opportunities
- business advice
To receive our business newsletter please complete our business email newsletter subscription form.
Your details will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to any third party. There is an option to select ‘unsubscribe’ on the e-newsletter you receive if you do not wish to continue receiving them in the future.
For further business support contact us.