The carer's emergency card identifies you as a carer if you have an accident or cannot identify yourself. It is the size of a credit card.

The scheme offers 24-hour emergency cover, so if anything happens to you while you are out or you are suddenly taken ill at home we will get in touch with your identified emergency contact(s) or take appropriate action.

Anyone over 18 who cares for someone in North Yorkshire can apply for a card.

Request and register a card

If you do not have a card you can request and register a card here. 

Request and register a card

If you have picked up a card you can register it here.

Register your card

What if I don't have an emergency contact?

If you have no one that can act as your emergency contact, you can still register the card and North Yorkshire County Council will take appropriate action in an emergency.

Your responsibilities as a card holder

  • You will need agreement from any person(s) you tell us about including any emergency contact(s) to take part in the scheme; and
  • Tell us about any changes in your circumstances or those of your named contacts, such as changes to telephone numbers.

How do I make changes to my card? 

If you already have a card and need to change the details registered, please get in touch