What is Inspiration for Change
Inspiration for Change works with parents who have had a child or children removed from their care. We know this can be a really hard time and it can lead to a lot of difficult feelings.
We can offer support to meet your needs, this could include:
- access to counselling
- opportunities to meet other parents with similar experiences
- one-to-one support, making a tailor made plan based on your needs
You can choose what part of the support you want, it can be all of these or just one bit, this can change at any time.
We hope that we can help you to make some changes so that if you decide to have more children in the future they, hopefully, do not have to go through care proceedings.
In order for you to be able to focus on you and your future you need to be pregnancy free.
Who are Inspiration for Change
Inspiration for Change are a team of friendly and experienced support workers. We are reliable, honest, flexible and will work at your pace. We understand you may find it hard to trust services and we can take time to get to know each other.
We are not here to judge you, we will work alongside you, looking at what your goals are together so we can support you to achieve them.
We only work with people when they feel ready, if we begin working together and you do not feel it is the right time for you it is okay to opt out and come back when you feel the time is right, we are a consent based service.
Inspiration for Change are an independent team within the Stronger Foundations team.
How Inspiration for Change can help
- help you work towards your goals
- come with you to meetings and appointments
- help with practical things like budgeting, debt, housing difficulties and cooking
- help you with letter box contact and your relationship with your children
- help you return to work, study, volunteering, training or to start a hobby
Who can get support from Inspiration for Change
You can if you:
- live in North Yorkshire or are a care leaver from North Yorkshire
- have had one or more children removed from your care
- are not pregnant at the moment
- are the parent of the child (we do work with mums and dads)
Find out more
You can call, text, WhatsApp or email us to find out more. We are happy to just have a chat to start with to see if you think we could help or you can refer yourself and we will get in touch. Please contact us.
Information for professionals
If you are working with a parent who you think meets our criteria but you or they are unsure what this is about then feel free to call or text us on the details above and we’ll be happy to have a chat. Please see further information for referrers or complete the referral form if you have consent.