Complain to the local authority about SEND

What to do if you are unhappy with the way the local authority is dealing with your child’s special educational needs.

Local authorities no longer have a role in general complaints about a school or educational institution, although they do still hear curriculum complaints. If you are complaining about council services (including complaints about assessment), you can submit a complaint online. You must complain to the council before taking the complaint further.