SENDIASS North Yorkshire is a service for parents and carers of young people aged 0-25 with SEND as well as young people themselves.
It is a free confidential and impartial information, advice and support service that must be arm’s length to all other services including the Local Authority.
- information, advice and support for children and young person with SEND from early years to post-16, transition planning and education and learning
- advice and support for you about statutory assessments, including annual reviews
- will listen to your views and concerns and support you to find confidence to express your views
- work with you to explore your options, your rights and responsibilities
- help you prepare for meetings including direct discrimination or special educational needs appeals
- support to resolve disagreements between parents, carers, young people, schools, the local authority or health
- help with forms, letters and reports
- signposts to various services and organisations, locally and nationally
- information, advice and support about exclusions and other concerns within education settings
You can also contact us on: